Tuesday February 22

Weeks have passed since Bert Hills was last seen. He has disappeared without a trace. He is out of our hands, but remains in God’s hands and God always brings his children home. This is the comfort that we hold on to. This does not mean it is not hard, waiting is difficult. As a community we have come together to talk about it, to pray and to simply be together. It is amazing to see that in this difficult time God has surrounded us with people who love, and share and struggle together. Many people have asked about Bert, offered to help, and above all people have lifted prayers to our Almighty God.

We ask that you continue to do so. Please pray for peace in hearts that are heavy, please pray for patience that goes beyond understanding and please continue to pray that Bert may be found soon.

from a much loved hymn at Streetlight:

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

No comments:

Post a Comment